Phillips County Motorsports, Inc. January meeting.  Stretch’s. 7 p.m. meeting Thurs. Jan 21, 2010

Present: Wendy & Tom Miller, Greg Kirkwood, Sharon Kindle, Don Snell, Denny Overcast, Jeff Alsberg, Rick Starkey, Dave Olson, Dan Stout, Dan Olson, Mike Nissen, Doyle Grant, and Frank Waling. 

 President Kirkwood called the meeting to order at 7 p.m. at Stretch’s. 

Don Snell moved to accept the November 2009 minutes as written with a second by Dan Olson and motion passed.

Treasurer Jim Sandness wasn’t present so there wasn’t a report.

Denny Overcast moved to approve the paid bills with a second by Don Snell and motion approved. 

Old business:

[note: these items are taken from 2009 minutes and are placed here as reminders]

*Starkey is in charge of procuring information on proper attire for drivers for each type of vehicle driven and information will be posted on the website. This changes in 2010 and Starkey will update information at that time. He will check the new guidebook and see what changes, if any are needed.

*John Carnahan is working with Dolphay to secure pumping for 2010 and if so he will do at no charge. 

*Track Manager stated Slade was working with PCMS to get 7 more panels are needed for the track so both ends could be secured for the off-season and between races. 

*The metal is at the track and Farmers and Ranchers to complete storage shed [roof and sides] and Bill Rock donated a 8’ W x 7’ H door and a spring will need to be purchased.  Note: we will use a backhoe or some equipment to “tilt” the tin [placing blocking at one end and center to drain any water off preventing rust.

*It is hoped Gary Faydo will construct another set of steps for the middle of the large bleachers. Handrails are needed to meet IHRA guidelines, shade of some sort is eventually needed and hog panels under bleachers with and access gate, and chicken wire under step area. Note: On the shade issue: we have the granary floor donated by Northern Ag and there are sections that could be used as shade [not vulnerable to wind?, with maybe the poles from the donated chamber sign.

* Carnahan stated the large sign for the entrance at the track area off HWY 191 will be ready for 2010 and 2 sponsors are needed at $3000 per year for per sides.  Note: The chamber sign east of Malta is still there as the replacement one is not completed. That sign will be taken down and donated to PCMS for whatever use we have.

*Jim Sandsness and John Carnahan will negotiate the lease in Jan/Feb with Phillco. Phillco would like a 5 yr lease. Items discussed were check on sub-leasing as one person wishes to lease the track prior to the May races and pay his insurance and be responsible for all other necessities. 

*Boards will be used to secure vinyl signs and they will be placed from the east end of the pit side fence to the toilets.

*Kirkwood will work to have our webmaster place upcoming and recent events on home page of website and some members will get information to him for the points winners with the cars. Kirkwood will have Mark V come the first of May to test his equipment he has worked on during the winter.

*Move one of Dan Olson’s concrete signs from spectator side to pit side prior to 2010 race season.

* FYI: Sanction dues to IHRA of $1250 due June 1, 2010

            Montana Drag Assoc. of $500 due in March & how attends the mtg and where is it?  The MDA meeting is in Billings Feb 17 and Dan & Brad Olson, and Neil Stahl plan attending. Event is the convention center at the southwest end of Billings in the “hotel area.”

            Chamber of Commerce dues of $50 due by April

            Corporate dues by March of $15

            Scholarship payouts of $1500 due in January

            *Improve beer garden fence with chain link fence and use old wire for around bleachers.

*Erect wooden toilets Kirkwood and Carnahan are still owed money ($500 +)for the toilets and chain link fence. If anyone has the time/desire to work on this project or the storage shed, contact Carnahan and he will give some directives on the project. Bill Rock has donated an 8’x7’ door.

* IHRA driver registration of $60 due by June 1.

*Millers plan and in conjunction with Barbour’s IHRA.  Barbour's plan is an unlicensed driver driving a parent’s vehicle with the parent In the passenger seat. Other guidelines apply and perhaps Barbour or O'Neil can assist PCMS on this.

* Start Hot Ticket-Cold Cash drawing in Feb. The tickets will be printed now and the drawing at the first race weekend in June.

*Cruise race after FSB Car Show in June. To be discussed more at meetings.

New Business:

Harlem Seed Show date is March 11-13.  Denny Overcast in charge of booth. PCMS has sent a copy of card showing the race dates for our ad. Denny will pay expenses and submit a statement.

Set date for corporate meeting and procure speaker; as to date, we don’t know if it is Barbour or O’Neil.

CHMS tax appointment April 20 at 9 a.m.

February meeting will be at the Plainsman and Glasgow will host the April meeting.

Tom Miller& Rick Starkey—updates on Mark’s comments/concerns concerning electrical and scoreboards. They are working with Mark V. on this and will keep PCMS informed.

Items for the Welcome baskets wanted by chamber—PCMS race date card, and 2 spectator and pit passes marked “Welcome Baskets” so we will know they were used.

FYI-EMS sent out letters to event chairs saying the daily fee for the ambulance will be $100 per day versus the $75 previously. Hour rate remains the same: $7.50. Discussion on this and consider having our own water unit to control dust and meet the IHRA  requirements and a PCMS fire truck.

PCMS items for annual meetings not addressed at this time.

Member dues must be paid prior to March [or at] corporate meeting 

            $50 individual    $75 family [up to age 18}           $250 lifetime

Candidates for offices and directors

            Directors terms expire: Carnahan, Bebee, Dyrdahl 

No bylaw changes due for 2010

City Hall and caterer secured for September 18; Tom Neibur will be contacted.

Race dates are set; there being no other business to come before the board, meeting adjourned at 8:30.